SC - Phyllo mushroom pas

Marisa Herzog marisa_herzog at macmail.ucsc.edu
Wed Jan 21 09:17:46 PST 1998

> I have pretested this recipe for a feast I am doing in March.  But instead of using
> pastry I used phyllo tartletts.  They were well received but I would like to do the
> pastry version for my feast...my question is can you make these ahead of time baking
> and all and freeze them to be reheated later?  And if so how would you reheat them?
> Thaw them first...or just pop them in the oven?  Our feast is named "For Love and
> Honor" And I thought these would be cute with heart shaped cutouts in the top pastry.
>
> --
> Talisien & Morwenna

I think they would freeze well as long as you make sure to drain the mushrooms
and then mix in the ingredients. The best bet would be to make up a couple of
batches and see which method work best. The mushroom mixture tends to make a lot
of liquid so that is something to be careful about.

Yers,

Gunthar