SC - french cooking or is Ham mousse just a fancy sausage?

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Wed Jan 21 23:29:09 PST 1998

When you cook milk at high temperatures and/or for too long, the sugars
will carmelize and get very brown. that's how I make my dolce de leche (aka
"that caramel brown goo that we eat on strawberries and apples and even
just spoons).

- --Anne-Marie, former Dairy Achievement Award winner (1982? egads.)

- ----------
> From: CorwynWdwd <CorwynWdwd at aol.com>
> To: sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG
> Subject: Re: SC - Raw milk
> Date: Wednesday, January 21, 1998 8:21 PM
>
> >So, what does it mean when milk turns brown during a sterilization
process?

> >You burned it?????
>
> <Stepping out in ignorence...> Maybe, maybe not... I saw an article on
canning
> milk in The Mother Earth News and that milk was sorta caramel colored.
Maybe