SC - cuskynoles

Charles McCathieNevile charlesn at sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au
Thu Jan 22 05:33:41 PST 1998

Found it... <blush> Seems I had it on file and actually have cooked such a
dish.
I can't say it's period or from period sources, but here's what we eat around
here.

Lokshen Kugel

8 0z Broad noodles
1 cup raisins
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup ricotta
1 egg. slightly beeten
2 teaspoons cinnamon
3/4 cup sour cream

preheat oven to 350
cook the noodles al dente, drain. Stir in remaining ingredents reservuing half
the melted butter. Place in a greased casserole and pour over the remaining
melted butter. Bake uncovered for one hour.

Actually, it would be less if it were a gas oven.. the top was a BIT too
crunchy when we tried it with gas. The second time I did this, I substituted
chooped apples and added more cinnamon. that was good too. Hope this helps.

Corwyn