SC - Le Menagier's Mushr

Marisa Herzog marisa_herzog at macmail.ucsc.edu
Fri Jan 23 09:02:33 PST 1998

In a message dated 1/23/98 11:03:29 AM Eastern Standard Time,
memorman at oldcolo.com writes:

<< all of the budgeting information sounds fine, but I'm really
 concerned/interested by the "coffee and tea" part.  do you serve coffee
 and tea at feasts?  even at breakfasts?   >>

Let's put it this way.....if I don't get my coffee in the morning, you would
not want to be exposed to my unpleasant person for even a brief moment. :-) We
don't serve these beverages at feast.

As a Middle Eastern persona, I find it amusing that the barbarians of the
Northern lands seem to view coffee as if it didn't exist.  I find it
horrifying that they do not practice the simple courtesy of offering it to
each and every guest.  But then again, that is why they are barbarians.

We do, however, have an urn of coffee brewing for the entire event accessible
to all and an urn of hot water for tea.

Breakfast is not served, per se, the breakfast cooks are in the kitchen for a
set period of time to make omelets or scrambled eggs, etc., feast food that
was not eaten is reheated and set in the steam table, fresh fruit and pastries
rounding out the whole.  People just wander in and out as they see fit until
the breakfast items are removed around 11 when site cleanup begins.

I have never attended an event where coffee and tea were not available and, in
all honesty, probably would not if I were aware of it in advance. At the very
least, I would bring the shire urn and find a corner to set it up in. :-)

Ras