SC - Where are you?

Chris Peters cpeters at cinemagnetics.com
Sun Jan 25 09:41:20 PST 1998

Greetings!  What an excellent idea for topics!  As for strainers, I
have found references to sifting things through "lawn" and "linen".
This is particularly true of sugar.  The chipped-off crystals from the
cone would be ground in a mortar and then sifted and re-sifted through
successively-fine weaves of cloth, the grains that remained behind
being re-ground.

Now, the dratted part of find a sourc is, that when I find it, I
haven't developed a uniform way of marking the location so that the
_next_ time the question comes up, I'm as stuck as I was the first
time.

Alys Katharine