SC - camphor

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Sun Jan 25 13:59:24 PST 1998

Gunthar posted the flyer from the Steppes 12th Night where he was headcook.

- - -     Stawberry Sauce
                ingredients: almonds, meat broth, rice flour, strawberries,
                salt, cinnamon
                source: _Pleyn Delit_

This was an excellant sauce and quite unexpected. I was expecting something
fruity and almost didn’t try it. I didn’t want strawberry kool-aid or jelly
on *my* meat. I ended up liking it better on the meat than the garlic sauce.
<<<<<

- - -     Apple Fritters
                ingredients: pancake mix, apples, confectioner's sugar
                source: _Pleyn Delit_

How did you come up with pancake mix? It didn’t seem like what was
appropriate for a fritter, either when first talked about or at the
feast. It seemed too fluffy and mundane. But perhaps this what was originally
intended. I need to look this one up. I have _Pleyn Delit_, now.
<<<<<

- - -     Mushroom Pasties
                ingredients: mushrooms, olive oil, cheddar cheese, eggs, salt,
                pepper, mustard powder, wonton wrappers
                source: _The Medieval Cookbook_, Maggie Black

Probably my favorite dish after the chicken bruet.

Thanks.
   Stefan