SC - genetic drift

Dan Gillespie dangilsp at intrepid.net
Tue Jan 27 16:00:36 PST 1998

> Greetings,
> I would love to have those recipes as my period recipe book is
> woefully
> lacking beverages.
> Thank you,
> Celestria
> dkpirolo at cts.com

Making no claims for periodness, just that it was made by my norwegian
ex husbands family-Glogg
1 bottle brandy                  1 same size or amount of either sweet
red wine or a fine port[infinitely more expensive]
1 cup sugar                        peel of 1 orange, 1 apple chopped, 1
cup each almond slivers and raisins or currents
                                         1cinnamon stick, 4 or 6 whole
cloves, 1 tsp grains of paradise[ok to sub 1/2 tsp pepper]

put the sugar and brandy in a sauce pan, bring to warm temp, flame. in
another pan simmer everything else together for 15 minutes. put out the
flames after 5 minutes with the wine mixture. serve right away warm and
chunky, or set in fridge to mellow out for a week then strain and
bottle. best served warm. recipe may vary due to what is on hand at any
given time, but that is what my last batch is.

margali