SC - opps

Donulus@aol.com Donulus at aol.com
Thu Jan 29 23:28:11 PST 1998

Comments, anyone?

phlip at morganco.net

Never a horse that cain't be rode,

- ----------
: Date: Thursday, January 29, 1998 20:59:47
: From: Jenne Heise
: To: sca-east at world.std.com
: Subject: Re: [EK] Weird Questions From The Wilderness
:
: -Poster: Jenne Heise <jenne at tulgey.browser.net>
:
: BTW, pasta (from the illustrations, linguine) _is_ period, though I'm
: having difficulty sorting out the attributions in my copy of _The Medieval
: Health Handbook_ (translation of medieval copies of a Arab manuscript,
: though I can't remember the full title offhand -- something like Tactrium
: [?!?] Sanitas), so I can't give you place/dates.
:
: Not only did the arab author know pasta, but the
: illustrators (who were Western, and several centuries later), showed it
: drying in long strips on racks.
:
: On the other hand, though tender perennials were known in early period
: (Roman Empire) in many places, and by the end of period they were known in
: most of Europe, they weren't necessarily known in between... rosemary, for
: instance, died out in Britain, and I've seen dates two centuries apart for
: it's re-introduction to the isles.
:
: Basil, for instance, appears to be period for all times in Italy; but it
: wasn't brought to Poland until after period (Queen Bona Sforza imported
: it.)
:
: Jadwiga Zajaczkowa (Shire of Eisental; HERMS Cyclonus)
:          aka Aunt Bunny, mka Jennifer Heise
: jenne at tulgey.browser.net
:
: "To love in deed and in truth..." (from canonization mass for Jadwiga of
: Wawel)
:
:  with the message UNSUBSCRIBE SCA-EAST
: