SC - WAAAY-OT: Was Coffee, Tea at events

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Sat Jan 31 11:59:10 PST 1998

>------------------------------
>
>Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 13:53:58 -0600
>From: "Mark.S Harris" <rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com>
>Subject: SC - haggis
>
>Greetings unto the members of this list,
>
>Recently, this lady from outside the SCA, sent me this message by email:
>
>===============
>Do you know of *anyone* in the USA making haggis to *buy*?  MacSweens of
>Scotland will not ship to the USA; I am tying very hartd to find someone
>*here* who is making it.
>
>Thank you!
>- --
>Renee Elizabeth Bush
>Winchester, Kentucky
>reneeb at meginc.com
>===============
>
>In another message she said that haggis suppliers here in the United
>States would be fine, also.
>
>She also indicated that she did not want canned haggis. I think the
>comments in my file (haggis-msg) back this up.
>
>Please send any messages about this to her, although I would be interested
>in seeing copies. If you think they would be of interest to this
>list, post them here also.
>
>Thanks.
>  Stefan li Rous
>  stefan at texas.net
>=======================

There is an Irish/Celtic Shop in New Cumberland PA, near Coakley's Tavern
(same block of buildings), which sells Irish/Scottish/Welsh sausages and
mince pies, etc., which they purchase frozen from a supplier in Chicago. It
is possible the supplier also make haggis (I'd say quit possible, in fact).
Foolishly, I neglected to take down the contact information when offered it,
last time I visited the shop with my Mum. If Branwyna Morgan (who lives in
the area and reads this list) cannot locate the info, I will ask my mother,
but it will be a long time gathering that info. for re-distribution.

As a former Lexington, Kentucky resident AND a former New Cumberland,
Pennsylvania Resident, I'm happy to help out. I'd kinda like the info, myself!

Sorry for the bandwidth, but I do not have Branwyna's and Angus' e-mail address

Cheers!

Aoife