SC - Trenchers

Charles McCathieNevile charlesn at sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au
Sat Jan 3 19:14:05 PST 1998

We have used trenchersquite often - usually we get old focaccia (or get
them baked early and let them stiffen up abit) It is amazing how
difficult it is to explain to the average baker that you WANT the bread
to go stale as fast as possible.

But they tend to be given to te ducks, or eaten for breakfast, or thrown
away, since there are no local monasterires that seem to want them, and
the poor don't line up outside the castle anymore (I think the council
banned it. And the health inspectors were none too keen on the whole deal
anyway)

cheeers

Charles Ragnar