SC - Laws/legalities-OOP Rant

Sabia sabia at unm.edu
Wed Jan 7 20:00:12 PST 1998

On Wed, 7 Jan 1998, LrdRas wrote:

> OK.......in many of the lists I subscribe to inevitably some subject comes up
> which describes methods or asks for methods to do things which are "illegal"
> in the USA. Without exception your typical do-gooder/faux lawyer chmes in with
> a message that reads.....We can't discuss/give out that info or
> condone/incourage it because it is ILLEGAL....
>SNIP<< My response to such self-proclaimed legal authorities/wannabe
>police- What's  your point?
SNIP>>

	While I agree that it is presumptuous to assume that one countries
laws hold for all countries, I do not think it is completely pointless
considering the nature off this list.  This is a forum of people with
different skill levels, experiences and collected knowledge.  It would be
disasterous if a well meaning gentle  (not realizing that the origional
poster was working under a different set of laws) re-enacted an experiment
or project of another gentle and was penalized for it.  I do not think it
fair to moralize but I also do not think that neglecting to mention a
warning is necesitated.  Just as I appreciate warning about what spices
should never be combined so do I appreciate warnings about what practices
are illegal in what areas.  vive la difference

Sabia of St Kildas {sabia at unm.edu}

Those who would have true victory, must first have honor.