SC - OT &OOP Personal info.

L Herr-Gelatt and J R Gelatt liontamr at ptd.net
Mon Jan 12 07:57:14 PST 1998

> Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 18:12:36
> From: "zeig0006" <zeig0006 at tc.umn.edu>
> Subject: SC - OT and OOP - Personal Info
>
> Good day, all!
>
> I am greatly impressed by the response my query has garnered. In fact, due
> to the number of people asking for results, I shall post them to the list
> Sunday afternoon or evening, so expect them in with your monday morning
> mail! One thing that has saddened me though, is the notably smaller number
> of responses from some of the true culinary samurai populating the list.
> Caradioc, Ras, Bear; where are you folks?

Yes, we have done this twice before, but our numbers keep changing. I
suspect that way too few of you folks have stuck with us from the early days.

Just out of curiosity, how many of the "early" folks are still here? I
subscribed when the digest was concieved---a few days before that, infact.

FWIW, I am a Librarian at a Library/Historical Society. I am also a
professional Mommy and chronic volunteer. I have been,in my not-too-short
life, a hairdresser (did some training as Sasson's in London), a car-rental
agent, a men's wear sales person, and I sold plumbing and heating
professionally on commission. At college I studied creative writing (poetry)
and business at the Unversity of Arizona in Tucson, but didn't know that Tir
Yscathir or the SCA existed until I'd moved east for some years, despite
having dated a SCAdian in college. I can be exceptionally dim sometimes.

I learned to cook in self-defense. My stunning, red-headed Cockney Mother,
when presented with a mellon for a dinner for his boss by my Penna. Dutch
Father, peeled it and put it on a platter, and served it to guests looking
much like a peach-colored bowling ball. So you see it was inevitable that
someone would would learn to cook properly in my house. In honesty, though,
my mother turned out to be a fine cook in the end.

Aoife