SC - Question

rudin at okway.okstate.edu rudin at okway.okstate.edu
Mon Jan 12 10:41:52 PST 1998

     Just curious - I made Beouf Bourgignon for Christmas dinner this year.
      It was the first time I had made it and I used the recipe from Julia
     Child's "The Way to Cook".  It uses a beurre maniere for thickening
     (which I have never used before either).  Actually, I've decided it's
     a wonderful thing, the stew simmered for probably an hour or more
     before serving after I added the thickening agent.  Anyway, I was
     wondering....I know we have talked about roux not being period but is
     the beurre maniere technique period?

     Mercedes
     rudin at okway.okstate.edu