SC - Original nuns, monks and Priest

Peters, Rise J. PETERSR at spiegel.becltd.com
Mon Jan 12 11:21:21 PST 1998

Someone asked: << Just out of curiosity, how many of the "early" folks are
still here? >>

Given the recent discussions about taking up "bandwidth" for off-topic chat,
do we really want to start a chorus of "oh yes, me too, I remember when"?
 If folks are really interested in a longevity survey, let's all post
directly to one person, off-line, and have them post the results (I'll even
volunteer:  <caitlin at phosphor-ink.com>).  And in the future, maybe folks who
want to know things like this can take the responses directly and just
summarize for the rest of us?

Me, I'd like to talk about recipes...

For example, I made Saracen Bruet this weekend using burgundy for my "red
wine" and noticed two things:  first, the redaction I was using (Pleyn
Delit) says to cook until the liquid is mostly absorbed, and that just
didn't seem to be happening.  Second, the resulting sauce (after adding
almond milk and spices) was a rather unappetizing pinkish gray color.

The taste was fine and it all disappeared into hungry feasters, but I still
feel like maybe something went wrong in the cooking process.

Any suggestions?  Is it supposed to be that color, or did I do something
wrong?

=Caitlin