SC - Scotch Eggs

Marisa Herzog marisa_herzog at macmail.ucsc.edu
Wed Jan 14 16:17:11 PST 1998

                      RE>SC - Scotch Eggs                          1/14/98

<snip>WOW!!!  Thank you!!  I had one (SINGLE) bite of a Scotch Egg at an
eventlast summer.  There was no way I could eat more than <snip>think I would
like to try this baked version, sounds like something that would not be as
hazzardous to my health!  My husband loved those Scotch Eggs <snip>Maybe the
kids will eat them too?
- -Laurene

You are quite welcome!  These are still *very* rich, but I am sure that baking
or roasting (ooh on a skewer over the fire pit!?) would make them a little
leaner, your choice or make of sausage coating would probably control the fat.
 Somebody eating with us also suggested making "scotch devils" by cutting them
in half and mixing the yolks with the mustard and then refilling them.
The kids could probably *make* them too!
- -brid