SC - Pasties in Period?

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Thu Jan 22 10:21:15 PST 1998

Anne-Marie said:

>...and savory ones like the chicks in pastry from le Menagier or the 12th
>century Northern European source (mmm...pastellum...chicken wrapped in bacon
>and fresh sage leaves then baked in dough...).

Yum. Sounds wonderful. Anyone have the original recipe and redaction for
this chicken wrapped in bacon and fresh sage leaves meat pie? The sage
leaves stay in the pie to be eaten?

Stefan li Rous

PS: I will be adding these meat-pie recipes and comments to a new file,
    meat-pies-msg that I coincidentally started last week. It should be
    available at the Florilegium website in another week or two.