SC - rose sekanjabin/wa

Crystal A. Isaac crystal at pdr-is.com
Fri Jan 30 14:50:24 PST 1998

PURITY WARNING! IF YOU HATE LESS-PERIOD SHORTCUTS, READ NO FURTHER! Just
use the delete key while you still have time!

I've made the current sekanjabin two ways. One method is to get regular
ole dried currants, wash and soak them. When the currants are fully
hydrated, dump them into the cooling sekannjabin mixture. When straining
through many layers of cheesecloth or a sturdy fine-mesh grain bag,
squeeze the currents to get all the flavor out. This method works ok,
but the color is not great.

For better color and flavor, buy Hero brand Black currant syrup. Most
stores that carry it have it near the jams&stuff. It's expensive, about
$14 for a 16oz(?) bottle last I looked. Use a quarter to half a cup. Mix
the Hero Syrup in at the very last minute before bottling, so's not to
lose any of the good smells. Works great.

If you have any sources for fresh black currants, I'd love to know about
it. I don't know anybody who grows them.

Crystal of the Westermark