SC - Parchment, Hungarian, Titles, A Quest, and a Reminder

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Sun Jan 18 11:02:06 PST 1998

Hi all from Anne-Marie
re: _Ouverture de Cuisine_  by Casteau
Caitlin says:
> Yes, the *entire book* is in French.  I've been planning on
> producing an English translation, but Life has intervened,
> so far.
>
> As far as I know, it has not been Webbed.  I believe that
> some folks in An Tir have worked out some of the recipes,
> but I'm not in touch with them, so I don't know how far
> they've gotten.

We're working on it! So far at least three sections have been translated
that I know of, and the reconstruction group In Wyewood (our southern
Canton) has actually made some of the recipes. Sausage of Bologne, anyone?
:)

I understand that the whole thing will be made available once we've done
our homework like good little translators.

I've been fascinated by this mss for a long time...it was printed in Bruge,
in French. Almost an international cookbook, if you will. If memory serves,
there's even a dish in the Irish fashion!

- --Anne-Marie, in Madrone, in An Tir