SC - Soups...

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Mon Jan 5 06:52:15 PST 1998

I got a bounced message indicator on this message. My appologies if it
did indeed get transmitted.

Charles Ragnar said:

>Musgoe soup is probably a pretty period technique applied to OOP
>ingredients. But if you keep a collection of basically period food in
>your fridge, try using barley instead of pasta, and milk or almond milk
>and a few spices insterad of tomatoes / tom.Soup.

Interesting. I would have though pasta was used in period soups, but
I don’t know.

What starches were used in period soups? barley, I’m pretty sure of.
Pasta? bread, yes at least in onion soups. Turnips? Other grains?

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net