SC - SC-German food in period

Varju Varju at aol.com
Fri Jan 16 22:51:20 PST 1998

<< Hokay, milord and master Andert Herberholz is from Austria-Hungaria.
Anyone
 got any suggestions for source material for this area? >>

Hmmmm. . .well I know an excellent modern Hungarian cookbook, _The Cuisine of
Hungary_ by George Lang.  Most of the period Hungarian sources are in Hungary
and untranslated as far as I know.  Austrian cuisine, would most likely be
very similar to southern German cuisine.

You will note that I have separated the region from your original question.
The Austro-Hungarian empire did not truly come into existance until 1711 when
the Turks were expelled from Hungary.  Basically for our purposes, they were
two separate countries.

Noemi