SC - alcohol content in beer

Yeldham, Caroline S csy20688 at GlaxoWellcome.co.uk
Tue Jul 7 03:07:23 PDT 1998

>>On Mon, 6 Jul 1998, Anne-Marie Rousseau wrote:
> I think its important to point out that evidence points to the "gelees"
as
> likely being like fruit jigglers, or aplets and cotlets, ie stiff
enough to
> pick up and store in a box (as many of the contemporaries call for),
and
> not the jelly we think of with bread and butter.
<<

Oh, yeah...wasn't there a turkish delight candy that was  like that?
With powdered sugar on all sides so the pieces didn't stick together?
His Grace would know if that's period.

I  used to be offered the stuff when I was young.  Your Mother always
said you were allowed to have a piece and then got mad because the
powdered sugar was all over your dress.  And it stuck to your teeth
permanently.

Regards,

Allison

allilyn at juno.com