SC - creamline milk

CorwynWdwd@aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Thu Jul 9 12:12:24 PDT 1998

In a message dated 7/9/98 10:44:13 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
sberry at primavera.com writes:

<< pasturized milk in which there is
 sufficient cream that it will rise to the top.  Has anyone seen this, >>

When I was a little girl, the milkman delivered to our door.  When ordering
milk, one had to be careful to specify Homogenized (which is what one sees
mostly today), Pastuerized (which is what you describe), or Raw
milk(uncooked).
To seperate the cream from the milk, you simply allow it to sit for a while in
a cold place then skin the cream off the top.  For drinking, or for recipes
requiring whole milk, you shake it to mix the cream in with the milk.

You will probably not be able to tell the difference in taste or consistency
or cooking ability of the cream between this product and that sold as cream in
most groceries, as today's cream is mostly pastuerized.

Raw milk and cream are, to my taste, much more flavorful, but difficult find
and dangerous to use in today's reality.

I wish I lived in your area, I had a source of pastuerized and raw milk, but
it dried up.  (I know, horrid pun)

Good luck with working with the "creamline milk"

Mordonna DuBois
Cook, Warrior Haven