SC - Trout salad sandwich anyone?

jeffrey stewart heilveil heilveil at students.uiuc.edu
Tue Jul 21 22:55:14 PDT 1998

Niccolo commented:

>A FAQ page could be just the ticket.  It would, likewise, be a basic
>resource/springboard (READ: inspiration for further investigations) for
>those who are not interested in lengthy disciurse or subscribing, but
>want a primer on the common misconseptions.  While Stephans
>catacombs of information are valuable, they can be intimidating for the
>neophyte.

Catacombs?!! Argh. That is not the impression I've wanted. I want them easy
to access and I don't like them to be thought of as halls of dead things.
Which is the reason I try to be constantly updating them.

I think the newcomers are often the biggest users of the files as they
don't say I know all that stuff already. If you have any suggestions for
how I might make the files less intimidating, I would certainly be
interested in any suggestions.

One of the ideas behind the files was to get some of the information
that keeps coming up (other places, not just here) where people could
find it without having to ask for it again and again. Thus freeing up
the more experienced folks to delve more deeply into the questions
that hadn't been answered yet. However, almost every time an old
subject comes up there is a chance that new, interesting info will
come to light.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net

(And thanks to the support of folks on this list, particularly
Genevia, I WILL be at Pennsic this year and hopefully will see a
number of you at the Cook's get together on Tuesday)