SC - Looking for an archeology report

Korrin S DaArdain korrin.daardain at juno.com
Thu Jul 23 19:47:08 PDT 1998

In a message dated 7/23/98 7:30:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time, allilyn at juno.com
writes:

<< Also, who has used sage and mint together, and what do you think of it?
 I've never combined those 2, thinking each a strong and distinctive
 flavor; don't they 'fight' each other?

 I have used both together, and I find the brightness of the mint contrasts
and complements the earthiness of the sage, making for a most delightful
combination. It's much like the Asian sweet and sour. It does take a bit of
getting used to, as all unusual, strong flavors do, so I'd suggest backing the
proportions down a bit, until you decide whether you want one to predominate,
and whether or not you like the combo. Don't ask ME for the food-to-spice
proportions, I'm one of those misguided folks who eats garlic as a vegetable,
and I don't want to burn you out before you get started ;-)

Phlip,
who's breathing a sigh of relief at responding to a simple spicing question!
;-)