SC - Kosher Flounder

Kallyr@aol.com Kallyr at aol.com
Sun Jul 26 07:41:44 PDT 1998

geneviamoas at juno.com wrote:

 There are recipes for Testicles!!!???? and sauces too!?!!?!?
 (And I always thought you had to eat them raw... the things people don't
 tell you...)
 Genevia

   I personally don't know about recipes for the testicles, let alone
sauces.  But I do know that in China (I know it's period, but not the
actual dynasty, I'll look it up and let any interested parties know if they
want) they believed that Seal's testicles were a most efficacious
aphrodisiac.  They also believed that they have the power to exorcise
demons, and some even said that their decoction prevented one from
copulating with ghosts in ones sleep.  Another reference to them that I
found was they would ward off the attentions of fox-spirits.  (This point
is under dispute at the moment since in some areas it was believed that
fox-spirits brought only good-luck to those that were good to them.)
  I do not have any recipes for the decoctions (and if I did, I doubt that
I would really want to know)

Just my 2c worth
- -Sianan

Marina Denton
sianan at geocities.com

		Confidence is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat,
		and taking the tartare sauce with you.

		- Zig Zigler