SC - Award of interest (long!)

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Jul 27 19:50:25 PDT 1998

No #&*(, there we were, nine against a thousand... those were the toughest nine
guys we ever met.

Brenna:  << The feast was on time and delicious despite delays to the rest of the

 day because of a gas explosion in the kitchen.  With one injured, alot of
frayed
 nerves, and many a hero, the feast was still one of the best I have ever had.>>

Ras:  <<This reminds me of the time my ovens exploded into a fireball at a feast
only
2 hours before service. :-)>>

Oh Yeah?  How about a brush fire half a block away, the afternoon before the
feast?  The hardy crew was shovelling legs o'lamb into every available  ice
chest, and my doughty husband was calling up the autocrat to use her spare
fridge, lest the chickens get 'extra crispy.'  Fortunately, the fire department
gave 'all clear' rather than an evacuation order.  The feast was on time, under
budget, the hot foods hot and the cold drinks cold.  It had to be so, all the
disasters were on Friday instead!  ;-)

Lady Selene,
Chief cook'n' bottle washer