SC - vivats to Master Adamantius

GARY.J LUCKMAN gluckman at ozemail.com.au
Tue Jul 28 01:10:21 PDT 1998

I posted a recipe some time ago, which I imagine has gone into the
florilegium. The basic idea is rabbit in a sweet and sour sauce made with
almond milk and wine, as I recall. It is is a really good dish cold.

Rabbit is good stuff generally. Eat it. (In Australia they are an
introduced pest, so we should eat lots of them. There used to be a bounty
on them, but I think that it was removed along with wombats, kangaroos
and other animals which are not intorduced pests, and should not be
subject to bounty hunting. Oh well.

Also, CSIRO (The National Science organisation in Australia) has
developed a couple of diseases (myxamitosis, some years ago, and more
recently caleci virus) which only work on rabbits, in an attempt to
destroy them. I think as a  result people are a little nervous about
eating them - the caleci virus 'escaped' from the island on which it was
being made before it was due to be released, which made a lot of people
nervous.

Charles Ragnar