SC - How about "Cook"?

MPengwyn@aol.com MPengwyn at aol.com
Thu Jul 30 05:21:38 PDT 1998

On 7/28, Ras commented:

<Truthfully? Very few; and, those exceptions are not "period". :-) >>

Then Mordonna added:
<And especially not tomatoes.  I do miss red, sun-ripened tomatoes, dripping
<juice and flavor.  I find pink plastic square balls a very poor substitute.
<But they do ship well.  I sometimes ship them to my worst enemies.

<Mordonna

They were specially engineered to be that way!  I taped a book some time back
that had has one article in it "The Ruination of the Tomato" and it
graphically described how tomatoes are harvested, and even how much "bad"
stuff gets through (apparently, if the pickings are too good, the
grower/harvester loses money due!).  It was a most interesting article -- and
a bit disturbing regarding "product improvement".  That's why we planted our
own -- but you can guess what this Ansteorran summer has done to them!

Angharad (usually lurking, but couldn't resist this one!)