SC - Pennsic shindig

Kallyr@aol.com Kallyr at aol.com
Thu Jul 30 05:45:36 PDT 1998

In a message dated 7/29/98 10:15:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time, MPengwyn at aol.com
writes:

<<  It certainly identified me as
 the person to ask about the feast and its ingredients.

 In Service,
 Meghan >>

Then I assume you were the only cook doing the feast? If so you have my
sympathy and awe. :-0 My feasts have always had several cooks helping the
Kitchen Steward, with a few inexperienced people doing the basic prep work. I
could not begin to imagine being the only cook doing the presentation for of a
3-4 course feast of 12 or more dishes.

The point being- the term cook is a valid term but it is also rather
restrictive in definition. If a person is listed as the "Cook" in an event
announcement, it seems to me that all the other cooks helping would be a
little upset at not being listed as cooks also.

OTOH, I amy be one the few Kitchen Stewards that have the privelege of working
with a crew of cooks.

Ras