SC - Re: Kitchener - WARNING - Humor alert.

Bonne oftraquair at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 31 21:10:36 PDT 1998

kat wrote (about kingdom's with big events but small feasts)
> Wow, sounds like some pretty major logistical problems.

The worst I attended resulted from the autocrat and cook unable to bear to
turning away paying customers.  They jammed and crammed too many people in the
hall.  Made serving difficult, made entertainment impossible, made you wonder
if you should have just gone on home with the daytrippers, stopping at Darryls
on the way home and "feasting" in garb and in comfort.

> I guess it's just more interkingdom anthropology:  here, few if any come to a feast event without actually feasting.  Off board is a term rarely, if ever, heard out here.
> I wonder if that's because of the fact that there are more choices of events to attend out here?

Almost every event is a fighting event with a feast at the end.  Besides 12th
night, I don't think I know of an event at which the feast is the main
purpose. Unevent is an garbed non-event arranged so that all the orders and
colleges and guilds can have meetings.  Kingdom A&S is (you guessed it) the
kingdom wide A&S competition.  Either of these could be arranged as a feast
event, but this past year both were held on UNC-CH's campus--no kitchen
facilities available. Lots of people day trip from quite far as the events end
at supper time.  Some locals return for dessert potluck and dancing or bardic.
 Private post-revels after Kingdom A&S.  Way up north there was a
dance,dance,dance event but I don't know if feast was a notable part of the
event.  Fool's 12th night, where the Royal Bard is chosen, could be a feast
event as well.  Hmm, we are hosting it because the current Royal Bard is in
our canton.  I wonder what her plans are?  Dare I ask?  I think we are holding
it at the church we meet at, which means a good enough kitchen is available.

uh-oh, shut up brain!

Bonne