SC - period snack foods? (was corn chips)

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sat Jul 11 18:39:54 PDT 1998

In a message dated 7/11/98 11:08:28 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Mordonna22 at aol.com writes:

<< Hmmm, I don't know what medieval cooks called a frittour.
 But I suspect it was quite a bit like what my Aunt Ruth calls a fritter and
my
 Big Mama called a fried pie, >>

This may be a regional aberration. I looked through all of my cookery books
and without fail a "frittour" was basically a batter with meat, vegies or
fruit mixed in which was then fried or deep fried. I found no reference to any
wrap around dough being referred to by this term.
I am curious if any one has any info along these lines. Thanks in advance.

A'aql (pronounced Ras)