SC - Re: OOP- interesting question

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Jul 21 06:38:35 PDT 1998

Brenna of Lyonsbane wrote:

> > My son's been drinking soy milk for most of his life now (like maybe six
> > of the past seven years) and it seems to work quite well, and I believe
> > there is more protein in soy milk than in rice milk. Just one question:
> > has anybody tried this child out with the various lactose-reduced cow's
> > milk products out there, to see if it is the indigestible sugars or
> > something else...?
> >
> > Adamantius
> > ______________________________________
>
> The homeopathic said that lactose products would not relieve this problem, because it
> wasn't the usual stomach upset casued by lactose intollerance.  He said that the
> problem stems from a lack of milk products used in the regions of Europe (or very
> little used at the very least), so the inhabitants had not developed the ability to
> process milk out of the system effectively.
>
> Brenna

I guess what I'm asking was more like, does the homeopath have any idea
what it is in the milk that causes the problem? If he doesn't know,
that's a perfectly fine response, of course, and more honest than most,
but I'd think he'd want  to know, and I bet that experiments have been
done somewhere to isolate the source of the reaction, even if it is
something so inherent to dairy milk as to make its removal impossible.
One culprit that has come to light is lactose; I have to assume there
are others as well.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but _are_ there any regions of
Europe where little milk is used? I'm aware of places in Europe where
few fruits and vegetables grow, and milk, meat, and fish comprise the
main part of the diet (Greenland, Iceland, and parts of Finland, for
example). I don't think I've ever heard of any place in Europe where the
reverse applies... .

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com