SC - Re: To be or not to be...an allergy

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Thu Jul 23 06:50:01 PDT 1998

>Phlip said:
>
>>An allergy is a physiological problem which is caused by the body rejecting
>>certain substances and treating them like an infection, AFTER REPEATED
>>EXPOSURE. It is impossible to be allergic on one's first exposure to

And I remember when tetracycline tried to kill me. When I was 15 or so I was
having an astma attack and upon entering the hospital I was given
tetracycline. It immediately (within seconds) started to close my throat and
I subsequently developed really really painful blisters in my mouth. Didn't
eat for 5 days but loved nonethless.

Again I am posing the same question. When the doctors (plural) saw what was
happening they imnmediately responded with the dreaded word "allergy". Were
they all wrong as well?

Micaylah