SC - How about "Cook"?

Phil & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Jul 31 07:41:43 PDT 1998

Decker, Terry D. wrote:

> The difference is in the proper use of the language.  In German, a peer
> would most likely be referred to as Herr Meister or Dame (or Frau)
> Meisterin.  To object to the proper term Kuchenmeister(in), demonstrates
> ignorance and discourtesy, traits which are beneath a peer of the realm.
>
> Bear

Yes, of course, and part of the problem stems from the fact that titles and
forms of address ("Herr" is a form of address, not a title, at least when I
learned German) are different. My point was just that some peers, and also a
lot of sycophantic types and general sticklers for detail, do object, whether
they should or not. As I say, it doesn;t bother me.

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com