SC - low calcium diet help

Michael Macchione ghesmiz at UDel.Edu
Mon Jul 13 08:41:41 PDT 1998

last month, I had the very unpleasant experience of passing a kidney
stone; an experience I am trying to make sure doesn't happen again.  To do
this I am trying to cut most of the calcium out of my diet.  I'm trying to
keep to roughly 30-50% of recommended USDA allotment of Calcium per day.

Unfortunately, I tend to love cream and cheese sauces, and have been going
through withdrawel lately, if butter weren't low calcium I would be
insane.

Does anyone know of any low calcium cheeses? or if it is possible to make
a cream sauce out of "non-dairy creamer"?  or any simple and quick
multi-purpose sauces that would be low calcium?

Period recipes would be great, but I'll take anything.

Kael