SC - Pennsic info-OOP-OT

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Jun 1 12:49:45 PDT 1998

<< And one more thing--I know it's not completely period, but are there any
 "period" chocolate recipes?  This is desperation here, a chocoholic who needs
 help.  (It's just not the same hiding a Milky Way bar.  It kills the
 atmosphere.) >>

Not for bar chocolate or chocolate candy, I'm afraid.  There is some evidence,
for some very late period personas in certain areas (like Spain or the New
World) for drinkable chocolate, but not the kind we're familiar with today.
It involved some very hot spices added to the chocolate, and little or no
sugar.
You could always follow East Kingdom law in regard to beverage cans - no one
in the East is permitted to drink from a beverage can (they can drink the
stuff in it, but not from the can) anywhere but inside a private pavilion.  So
you could hide your stash in your pavilion/tent and get some when you need to
go into your tent for other things.  It would still kill your atmosphere, but
would be considerably less conspicuous to others.

Brangwayna Morgan