SC - a wonderful culinary experience

Sarah Oldenburg lynx6868 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 1 15:33:31 PDT 1998

Micaylah wrote:

> Since when does sobriety equate integrity or upstanding citizenship?
> <grin>
> I honestly believe that we, as individuals, should be our own "liquour
>
> control board" and make those decision for ourselves
> Micaylah
> ~who perhaps has lived on the border of the province of Quebec (where
> there
> are next to no laws regarding alcohol) for way too long~

We have fought that exact problem for a number of years before it
finally "went away".The root of the problem was a couple of extremely
religious/conservative/radical types
in our group. They felt that since their beliefs said that pretty much
anything is bad that
they had the right to impose this on everyone in the SCA. They finally
became outnumbered
and quit making a stink, they wanted to make every event bone dry just
cause.

Morganna
Homebrew and you never have to go to the liquor store before it closes.
:-)