SC - a question

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Tue Jun 2 21:44:29 PDT 1998

Bogdan said:

>I am putting together my pennsic food list, and I am looking for a period
>sausage recipe that won't require chilling after it is made.  Does anyone
>have suggestions or thoughts that of things they have tried...

There are several recipes in this file in the FOOD section of my Florilegium
files. I can't remember if the results need refrigeration or not. But then, I
noticed the label on the fancy smoked, dried hams we discussed here say to
refrigerate them. I didn't buy one because I didn't have the room in the
refrigerator then. Now I do, but the grocery is no longer selling them. I
should have bought one when I had the chance. :-(

sausages-msg      (36K) 11/10/97    Period sausages. Making sausage.

And depending on how far your definition of sausage extends, there is this
file also:

haggis-msg        (35K)  2/20/98    Scottish haggis recipes. comments on haggis.

There were a number of good recipes for haggis posted here recently. These will
get added to this file when I get the time.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net