SC - Pine nuts

jeffrey stewart heilveil heilveil at students.uiuc.edu
Thu Jun 4 17:28:50 PDT 1998

At 04:00 PM 04/06/98 -0400, Margaret wrote:

>Anyhow, browsing gets Chinese pine nuts described as triangular in
>shape, and less subtle than the European variety, which are described as
>torpedo shaped.

Aha! Yes I can get 2 types - the triangular whiter ones and the longer
yellower ones (from my Lebanese store). I actually like the Chinese ones
better, but I suspect that's because they are fresher than the others.

Thanks to Bear too for the list of different pines - that'll teach me to say
"there is only one species" without the important "I think" preface...

Rowan

Robyn Probert
Customer Service Manager		Phone +61 2 9239 4999
Services Development Manager		Fax   +61 2 9221 8671
Lawpoint Pty Limited			Sydney NSW  Australia