SC - white peas????

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Jun 4 19:08:32 PDT 1998

At 07:49 PM 04/06/98 -0500, Bogdan wrote:
>Has anyone tried subbing almond milk in for cow milk?  Results?  I am just
>trying to find ways to avoid milk in recipes, so that I don't have to
>refrigerate stuff.

Almond milk is a good substiture for milk and period to boot (you know all
those  recepies which say "and on a fysshe day..."), but it goes off just as
surely as real milk. If your problem is in storing the milk, what about the
UHT stuff? If your problem is in storing the finished dish, maybe you should
look for a different dish...

>While I have your attention, does anyone know of a binding agent that
>could replace eggs?  I wanted to make the "falafel" recipe from the
>miscellany, but I am not sure I want to mess with eggs.

Eggs keep well even without refrigeration - you should have no problems for
a week or two. If carrying them is a problem, camping stores sell these
nifty plastic egg holders which protect the eggs against pretty heavy
packaging. Falafel made without eggs do tend to fall part when you fry them,
although some extra fine flour certainly helps. Dried egg might work (try in
the camping store again).

Rowan
Robyn Probert
Customer Service Manager		Phone +61 2 9239 4999
Services Development Manager		Fax   +61 2 9221 8671
Lawpoint Pty Limited			Sydney NSW  Australia