SC - Rarity of Fermantation recipes (was Fermented Beverage Recipe Question(was:RE: SC - Mic.

Norman White gn-white at tamu.edu
Wed Jun 10 11:19:03 PDT 1998

Nicollo wrote:

I'm not at all cdrtain why we have many more
cookbooks than brewing
books...that's why the idea that good brewing was
not done by every
breathing individual comes to my head so much.
<<<<<<<<

I am beginning to think that maybe there was some selective censorship
during the religious fanaticism period.  The puritans were certainly
anti-drunkenness.  And we know they censored other records on other
matters.  This is just an un-researched theory, but what do you think?

Tyrca