SC - salt problem

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Thu Jun 11 21:31:49 PDT 1998

The "white pumpkin" was a large gourd of the Lagnaria family (not
cucurbitas as I previously mentioned). It is a large white gourd
introduced into Europe during Roman times according to Jane Grigson.
After a little more research, I have come to the conclusion that what he
meant were the old world variety because he describes not only making
pies out of them but also cutting them into strips for eating.  LLEW