SC - creations and creativity

geneviamoas@juno.com geneviamoas at juno.com
Tue Jun 16 21:30:33 PDT 1998

On Tue, 16 Jun 1998 12:47:36 EDT THLRenata at aol.com writes:
>Wolfmother has said (with much snippage):
>
>>>... Historical Art/Sci is not the place for theinterpretation of
>history; it
>is the place only for copying originals.  I think it's because most of
>the
>judges in these competitions are not trained historians, and therefore
>have
>very little, if any, practical knowledge of history as an art.  They
>only
>understand history as a science, and then only as it applies to their
>particular point of interest and assumed "expertise". <<
Which is why I love Calontir's Queen's Prize Tourney! First, you're only
competing against yourself, not anyone else; second all the judging is
done face to face, with the three judges chosen because of their
knowledge in that category (i.e. all of the cooking judges are GoAs or
higher in the field of cooking). Also, because it's a face to face
judging, you can explain in further detail without writing an esassy
paper on the subject. Instead of points, it's more of: "In this area of
research, you did really well, in this area, you need to do more, and
have you ever thought about looking into this area?"
What is really nice is that the judges tend to learn as much as the
entrants.

Beatrix
(who really wowed'm at the last QPT with pickled lemons)