SC - OT-judging

Ceridwen ceridwen at commnections.com
Thu Jun 18 11:13:22 PDT 1998

<< This brings up a point-- why do we propose to believe that everything
written
 in period was accurate?  Didn't they lie in period? >>

Well, I have a good example, that isn't cooking related, where an author took
names of individuals from an earlier time period, applied them to events that
were current for him, and wrote everything up as a Chronicle of the earlier
time period.  It made perfect sense to his audience, but misled (and is still
misleading) many scholars.  Lying?  No, but it wasn't a true historical
account as we view it, which caused the confusion.

Noemi