SC - Tuna oddities OOP (was Are Creations Period)

Karen Evans tyrca at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 21 09:18:35 PDT 1998

You know,  I haven't seen a single suggestion that the populace, who are
the ones supposedly suffering from the Senechal's actions stop whining
whining and _talk_ to him.  Not talk as in "oh, please sir", but in
council (you do have a Baronial Council, don't you?  If not, why not?
Too lazy to go to a meeting that's not "fun"?), get all those people you
might get to sign a petition behind the Seneschal's back together and
confront him.  Work out rules that the Barony can live with _together_.
Start solving your problems at the level they started at rather than
whining for mommy and daddy (Baron and Baroness), Regional or Kingdom to
do your work for you.  Most of your group is made up of adults, now get
in there and do some problem solving on your own rather than expecting
others to make your game go smoothly for you!

Regina
<<<<<<<<

You know, at one point in my life, I would have taken these words as
wisdom, and gone from there.  But for the last year, I have had to
deal with "adults" in some vaguely similar situations, and find that
we are not all adults when it comes to working together.  I didn't
really perceive the author's original comments as whining to the Baron
and Baroness, but as a side note to her "unofficial" event.  I have
been in situations where people in positions of perceived power are
loathe to listen to individuals they consider "lower" than themselves.
 If the face to face discussion has not worked, then what Bear said is
the next step.  If none of it has any effect, you have the choice of
playing elsewhere, or of taking an SCA sabbatical.  But please do not
assume that everyone in the SCA acts as calm and intelligent adults.

(sadly)
Tyrca