SC - Sourdough

Balldrich BallBarian BoulderBain msca at c2i2.com
Tue Jun 23 17:00:01 PDT 1998

>>made similar negative comments in my time, always with suggested
>>readings
>>for the entrant, on the use of chocolate, chili, tomato, potato, and
>>maize.  am i really as evil as i seem?
>>
>>elaina

Milady,

     No you are not evil -- and constructive comments such as suggested
readings are a good thing, however, some of the items you mentioned were
used before 1600AD in Europe.  One example is the potato - which has
documentation for the potato, not the sweet potato, of 1597.  Although this
is late period, it is still within period.  Chocolate was also eaten before
1600, however not in it's current, sweet state.

                            Jon

Opera Est Honos.