SC - Butchering for beginners

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Tue Jun 23 00:58:12 PDT 1998

>I suppose one could select medieval receipts that could be made using kosher
>ingredients, but does anyone have any leads on authentic period Jewish
>cookery?
>
>Rudd Rayfield

In addition to the source Adamantius mentions, you might want to look
through Manuscrito Anonimo for recipes described as "jewish;" I am fairly
sure there is one or more. Of course, the description may or may not be
accurate. There's a period Portuguese cookbook with a recipe for "Moorish
Chicken," one of whose ingredients is bacon.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/