SC - Platina

Mary Morman memorman at oldcolo.com
Thu Jun 25 08:52:28 PDT 1998

Ok, Bear, this is exactly what I'm looking for (although I didn't
know it until late yesterday afternoon).  All of my starter recipes
have been "cheaters" (using store-bought yeast to make the starter).

Do I NEED to add compressed yeast to the dough?  We just found out
that my son is sensitive to yeast (but not the kind in sourdough), so
we're looking for alternatives.

Also, does anyone know if you need to do anything special to make
sourdough bread in a bread machine?  I generally believe in "doing it
yourself", but if I have to make everything from scratch now
including sandwitch bread I am going to go bonkers!

Thanks.

Claricia
 having a very long day trying to figure out what to feed her son
that doesn't include milk, cheese, bananas, peanut butter, yeast,
sugar, honey, oatmeal, MSG or caffeine!