SC - RE: sca-cooks V1 #788

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Jun 25 08:56:32 PDT 1998

Part of the problem with the whole taste thing is how matzot are made.
You mix water and flour, and then bake it.  From the time the water hits
the flour you have 18 minutes to bake mix it all together and get it
baked.  In the end, the taste is not totally different from baked flour
(something Bear and I played with for a shortbread recipe).  There is also
no sugar in the recipe to soften the taste.  I think, in the end, it is
not what you do with it, but what is not in Matzah that makes it taste
so... distinctive.

Just a thought.
Bogdan