SC - ovens and tamarind

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Sun Jun 28 06:36:15 PDT 1998

Hiya from Anne-Marie
Cairistiona says:
> Anne-Marie, what about getting one of those mad potters to make an
> oven like one of the ones from Elizabeth David's English Bread and
> Yeast Cookery?  The little portable 'mouth' things really appeal to
> me as a movable toy for this kind of thing.

An idea...plus we have a medieval illo (a bit early for us doing 15th
century stuff) of some guys with a big beehive shaped lump of clay on a
flat wheelbarrowy thing. They're baking bread in it! a portable oven!

for me, I already have a VERY full car what with the firebox, firedogs,
cast iron pots and pans, appropriate serving things, linens, washtubs,
buckets, casks, mixing bowls, appropriate kitchen tools and gadgets,
trestle tables, benches for seating, a canvas fly with poles to keep us out
of the sun, not to mention foodstuffs, I think I'll just buy my bread like
a good 15th century cuisniner :)

- --AM